Sunday, January 11, 2015

Wood Net Floats

About a year ago I found some old wood net floats at my local second hand store. They sat in my studio all lined up next to my desk and every time I tried to include them in a piece I was working on, they just didn't seem to work. They all had great patinas, some black, some white and others a rich blonde wood. It was the shape that was throwing me. Then one day I was packing them up to take back to the second hand store (I do this a fair amount…buy something/take it back/buy something/take it back), and it struck me! Cut the buggers in half! It was a major moment for me. All of the sudden I could make something out of them. For the last several months I've been making these wheeled creatures mostly, with a few other variations thrown in. Very fun.

"Reason to Believe"
"The Coming of Abundance"
"Germinator"
"The Places I've Been, the Places I'm Going"
"The Universe Inside"
"Inner Workings"

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing how you've "worked" the idea over and over again with different results... and especially to see the hand with the float the other direction. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete